- Illinois, 2022
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts in History, 2006
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2021, J.D, Cum Laude
- Dean’s List, CALI Award 1L Contracts, Dean’s Achievement Scholarship recipient
- Johnson Law Scholarship recipient, Goodman Law Scholarship recipient
- Nicholas Crawford is an attorney licensed in Illinois with extensive business experience in the manufacturing and hospitality sectors. Prior to graduating from DePaul University College of Law, Nicholas was a senior human resource leader responsible for all Labor, Safety, and HR functions for an international food manufacturing and contract management company. Nicholas’s experience includes managing union relationships including multiple successful first chair collective bargaining negotiations, union avoidance, strike and labor disruption planning, decertification, grievance mediation and arbitration, and defending unfair labor practice charges. Nicholas has experience advising start-ups on efficient and scalable HR processes and procedures as well as transitioning established companies with legacy HR systems to modernize and streamline operations to meet the ever-changing employment law landscape.
Trainings and Presentations
- Administering Collective Bargaining Agreements, how to avoid past practice pitfalls.
- Legal considerations in recruiting and onboarding.
- Strategies for avoiding unionization.
- HR and legal framework for offboarding employees.
- Successful workplace investigations.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Chicago SHRM, Education Committee
- Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce
- National Employment Lawyers Association